Verkhnetagilskaya TPP Receives Updated Telecontrol and Communications System
Experts from the company Prosoft-Systems put an updated telecontrol and communications system into operation at the Verkhnetagilskaya TPP (an affiliate of JSC Inter RAO – Electric Power Plants). The work was performed as part of a project to update the telecontrol and communications system as well as remote substation facilities (BN-3, Verba, Volgodonsk City Electric, etc).
Prosoft-Systems placed eight cabinets for system of process data exchange with system operator based on ARIS C303 bay controller, ARIS-2203 switchgear controllers, and 6–35 kV ARIS-2208 switchgear controllers with process automation, automated record-keeping, and phase-to-phase/single-phase-to-earth-fault determination functionality.
- Collects RM/RS and emergency warning signals
- Has remote facility telecontrol features
- Controls the receipt and accuracy of monitored parameters
- Reliably issues telecontrol signals and is capable of processing interlocking signals
- Automatically synchronizes every component and system level to a single standard time (based on GPS/GLONASS receivers) and much more
The new equipment ensures the accuracy class of 0.2 for the telemetry channels and at least 0.5 for remote facility RM channels. The system's response time to a user terminal request takes 5 seconds or less. Telecommunication transmission protocols are maintained in accordance with IEC recommendations, in particular IEC 60870-5-101/104, and IEC 61850. Collected data is transmitted to the Sverdlovsk Regional Dispatching Center branch of SO UES JSC and Sverdlovenergo branch of IDGC of Urals.
Prosoft-Systems specialists designed this as a turnkey system, starting with the equipment design and manufacture and finishing with construction, installation and commissioning. The equipment was put into operation in August 2019.
As a result of the update:
- the telecontrol and communications system is now compliant with SO UES JSC requirements for operating the Verkhnetagilskaya TPP on the wholesale electricity market
- Verkhnetagilskaya TPP operating conditions on the wholesale electricity market have been ensured; and
- a unified system of process data exchange with system operator was created
Prosoft-System, Ltd. is a long-time partner of the Verkhnetagilskaya TPP. In 2017, as part of a project to build a 420 MW CCGT unit, the company's experts designed systems for smart commercial electricity-metering and process data exchange with a system operator on the existing power units. They also built a level control system for the demineralization plant. Later, in 2018, an MKPA-2-based emergency control system was introduced.